To take English as their second major, students must obtain a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 4.0 in their first year at university.
Students who choose English as their second major are required to complete 11 courses.
|Matriculation Year||No. of courses needed||Core||Prescribed Electives|
HL1001 Introduction to the Study of Literature
HL1002 Survey of English Literature I
HL1003 Survey of English Literature II
8 Prescribed electives from
ANY category (in addition to Core).
At least 2 courses must be at level 4XXX.
FIRST YEAR LEVEL COURSE OPTIONS
- HL1002 Survey of English Literature I
- HL1003 Survey of English Literature II
- HL1005 Singapore Literature & Culture
- HL1006 Introduction to American Literature
- HL2024 Approaches to Literature