NTU Library provide these tools to unlock access to full text e-resources (subscribed by the Library) seamlessly on web browsers.
- NTU LibGenie - A smart extension for desktop browsers that provide access to full text e-resources and suggests alternatives when access is blocked.
- NTU LibBookmark - A simple bookmark for mobile/desktop browsers that links to the Library's full text collection easily.
For more information about how to use these tools, click on the respective tabs below.
- Final access to the full text of e-resources is still limited by the user group. NTU Staff/Students have access to all subscribed e-resources while other groups have limited access.
- For materials not available via NTU Library, please use the Document Delivery (DocDel) or Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service.
- For further enquiries, please contact us.
|When prompted to log in with your NTU account while using NTU LibGenie or NTU LibBookmark, do not include the domain. Eg. For "student/smith", just use "smith".|
Tip: If you're experiencing constant errors when accessing e-resources in Chrome browser, you may need to clear your cookies for "All Time". This should be a one-time task.
NTU LibGenie is a smart Library Access desktop browser extension which works in the background while you are browsing publisher websites or pages with an article or e-book.
NTU LibGenie supports your online research by providing:
- Access - simplified access to NTU Library subscribed e-resources on your preferred web browser
- Assistance - automatic notifications by NTU Library to inform and ensure you have access
- Alternatives - automatic suggestions by NTU Library to other materials when you are hit by barriers
|Getting started with LibGenie|
|Optimising your LibGenie Experience|
|Please refer to https://libfaq.ntu.edu.sg/faq/265054 for more details.|
This video shows how to install LibGenie on Microsoft Edge (installing on other browsers are similar) and the experience you will have if you access sciencedirect.com.
NTU LibBookmark is a simple bookmark for your mobile/desktop browser to enable easy access to full text e-resources subscribed by NTU Library.
Follow the steps found at https://libfaq.ntu.edu.sg/faq/268330 to install NTU LibBookmark (Full Text @NTU Library) on your preferred web browser. Once installed, whenever you find yourself on a page that only shows the article abstract or asks for a log in or payment, simply click on the bookmark in your browser and the page will be reloaded with the full text option (if NTU Library subscribes to that journal/book).